CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Love Being a Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

I thought I had remembered what it was like being a mother to a newborn. I've missed the darling coo's, yawns, and sneezes. I have missed the tiny bums pointing up in the air when they stretch. I have missed the smoothness of their skin and the scent of their breath. I love his little nose, eyes, fingers, legs, feet, EVERYTHING!

I love that I get to hold his little head up as he's learning to do it on his own without flopping over. I love how he gribs my finger when I hold him and feed him. I love the way he looks at me. He's our baby.
I have missed the sound of a newborns cry and I love how every cry means, I need you. I need you to hold me, touch me, or comfort me. I'm grateful for those moments of sadness that I can calm and protect them.

I love the peace and tenderness of my babies fast asleep, as I rush off to sleep myself!


I admire the times that they will learn to be best friends. I love Ben and Tyler and Bryan for being such a great husband and daddy. I love my mom for teaching me how to be a good mommy, she's the best! I wouldn't trade this for anything!





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel! I love you:) You make me even more excited to be a mommy! I can't wait to hang out with you all the time soon! What you wrote has inspired me and made my day!! Can't wait for you guys to come over for a cookout soon!

Liz Wilcken said...

It is a great thing to have newborns. Even the late-night feedings because then I can catch up on those movies or books I've been wanting or scripture study (it's already done by the time you wake up!) :)

Jamie said...

Cute! Sadie is only 6 months and I am already planning when to have our next b/c I miss that newborn stage. It is so fleeting!

Kim said...

Being a mom is so fun! Brody's getting pretty attached right now, and I secretly love it. It's amazing to know how much they love and need you. keep in touch!

Boyer Family said...

Tyler is so cute! He looks so much like Ben.

Josh and Gnickie said...

RACHEL
That was one of the sweetest post that I have read. I love that you are so excited about being a mom.

You have always been such a special person. I have always know that you would be a good mom, but reading your thoughts on being a mom made it so much more clear that you are an Amazing mom to your boys. Congratulations again on your new addition. Happy Mother's Day!!!

- said...

your making me baby hungry! what a little sweetie! I can smell his baby skin from hear!How are you guys! looks like you got your hands full! have a good memorial day!

- said...

we're moving to tri-cities wa (it was one of Bretts area on his mission) Hes gonna Be open an insurance agency there. It wont be till November that we move though

Elissa said...

He is so beautiful! How fun! Being a mom is the greatest thing in the world. I love every minute of it.

Unknown said...

Yay we're so glad you guys have a blog too! Thanks for finding us on here! So Nathan is actually going to dental school---slight change in plans ;). Long story but basically we just decided that was better for us. So we are going to Isac's school in arizona but to the dental school and not the D.O. school. Keep us posted! Hope you're doing well!

Red Sand in Our Veins said...

Rachel,
I've tried posting before; but I'll give it another try. It seems you have a mold for cute little boys that look the same. How fun to immediate have brothers that can be best friends. You look great and got things posted with Tyler so quickly. Congratulations on two beautiful boys! Take Care Always.

Love Aunt Cynthia